Thursday, March 8, 2018


Changu Narayan
By Vidheha Ranjan with Baba


Today we went to Changu Narayan. This is a World Heritage Site. I go to Swayambhu Stupa, I go to Patan Durbar Square, Bishes dada went to Pashupati and I went to Pashupati many times, hajurbuwa hajurama went to Bhaktapur and I also went along with Baba and Mamu. Boudha and Kathmandu Durbar Square are also world heritage. 

  

I go to all world heritage sites because I want to go and see what is in the mandirs. There are one, two, three... seven places I go to in Kathmandu.

   

Photo of Bishes by Utkrishta Mulmi.

When I was a younger also, I had gone to Changu Narayan. I had photographed statues, thangka paintings and a chick who was riding on the mother hen’s back.


Photos above by Utkrishta Mulmi and Shila Shrestha.


Today I ate lunch and we got on the van. I felt sick in the van. Baba, me, hajurba, and I bought tangerines and bananas for everyone. We ate candies. And I saw doggies, there were mandirs.


Photos above by Utkrishta Mulmi.

We got to Changu Narayan. We got off the van. Amulya dada and I carried my hiking bag. He wanted to carry the bag so I did not get to carry it as much as I wanted. 


Photos above by Utkrishta Mulmi.

We went down to the pond where we had tried to catch dragon flies and frogs for science class during a past trip. Daddy called everyone up. Then we went to the mandir. 


Photos above by Utkrishta Mulmi.

I photographed the town. I took photos of chicken, toy pigeons on sale, thangka painters, many many statues. I climbed the stairs. There were many stairs.


Vishwarupa.


We got to the mandir. There was an elephant with a very good story. People were carving a stone and making a big elephant. The stone began to bleed and they could not finish the elephant. There were many statues to photograph there.

Toy pigeons on sale. By Vidheha Ranjan.

There was the Garud. There was a lion god who killed a rakshas, I loved that story. Another statue was wearing necklaces and he held a sword, discus chakra, a gadha mace, he wore a very good crown.

A thangka painter. By Vidheha Ranjan.

Licchavi period means fifth century and King Man Dev repaired this temple then. I read what was written on the stone. I saw the letter “ma” in Nepali on the stone. I did not understand the writing on the original stone pillar. We also went to Panuati and I made an artwork of god Narayan statue with four hands. Bishes dada made Narayan statue with eight hands.


I ate cheese balls, banana, two oranges. The temple’s main door was open. Mamu gave me a two rupee coin and I gave it to the pujari priest. Mamu put tika on my forehead. There was a statue with no head. There was many with their hands joined together in namaste.

Stones are worshiped. By Vidheha Ranjan.

There was a figure standing with dragon like thing eating his foot. The dragon had wings, he had a nose like an elephant. Then we went hiking.

Photo by Sh

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment