Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Alice in Wonderland
November 19, 2017
Film reviewed by Vidheha Ranjan

Directed by Geronimi, Jackson, Luske; actors Beaumont, Wynn, Haydn; runtime 75; produced by Walt Disney; 1951


The movie poster Alice and Vidheha

I liked Alice in Wonderland, the movie. I have watched it maybe six times. It is funny. Alice’s sister is reading all the time under a tree. Alice tries to put a daisy chain around the cat. The cat sees a rabbit and so does Alice. It goes into a hole and she follows him and she falls in. She says goodbye to her cat.

I particularly like Tweedledum and Tweedledee in Alice in Wonderland. They block Alice’s path and go peep peep. They are jokers you see. Alice sits on a branch and Tweedledum and Tweedledee tell her jokes.

Then there is a Caterpillar who blows into a pipe and letters come out of him. Alice coughs when she is covered by them.

Artwork of a wonderland by Vidheha.

There are also the March Hare who is serving tea to everyone all the time. While they were drinking tea, the March Hare, the Doremouse and the Mad Hatter sing songs. They say it’s their birthday and give her tea. The Doremouse is sleeping in the tea pot and sings the Twinkle Twinkle song. The mouse runs when he thinks there is a cat and everyone has to hold him and Alice takes some food to his nose and so he quiets down again. They are funny.

Vidheha has her own Wonderland and her rabbit. Or is that the February Hare?
Then there are the Queen, the people, and the cards. The cards come with the Queen. I found the Queen scary. She shouts. I don’t think I can watch the movie on my own. I can only watch on my own when I am big like Baba. I can watch with Baba and Mamu though and I can tell them that I am scared.



Everyone chases Alice in the end and there is a door. It opens its mouth. “Please open,” Alice says, “Help me.” In the end, Alice remembers her path and she gets back home. Everyone should watch the movie. Alice is the best person of all in the movie. If they watch it they too can tell us about what is happening in it.



The mad tea party is one of Vidheha's favorite sections in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment