Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hike to Lugu

by Kusma Gongba
edited by Nitya Poudel

On 26 December 2016 we went on a hike. On the way to hike while we were in a van we sang many songs. We started the hike from Lugu. Then we got off from van. We took our stuffs out of the van and walked towards the hills. Some of my friends teased Nitya dada by saying that he looked like a Pokémon.

Then we walked through the farms of that place. We saw a pond there. It was a small pond and very nice. I thought it would be very nice to fish in that pond. We also saw a dog. Many of my friends were scared of the dog. Even I am scared of dog. So my friend, Neeva hold me till we crossed the dog. When we were walking in the hill we saw many people, they were making house. That house looked very beautiful. Then we saw two ways infront of us, a simple way and a difficult way to go on the top of a hill. I, Nitya dada, Susmita and Pukar were told to use the difficult way as we had done that kind of things earlier. My other friends used the other way. The way that I went on was very scary. I climbed up the cliff first as my friends could not do it easily. I helped my other friends, especially Nitya dada as it was very difficult for him to climb. Then we four walked through the thorny area and we all nearly got injured but we had a successful climb. After we found our friends we walked towards the hill top. We saw many trees of amrisa (the plant from which we make broom). We plucked some of them but we were told to take less. After walking for half an hour we took some rest near a tree. We ate some tangerine over there. After eating tangerine we ate some peanut cookies which Utkrishta had brought. I like peanut cookies.


Then we walked down hill towards a village. The way to get down was very dangerous and very interesting. I was clicking photos so I came in the last. We were told to be quiet because we got information that there were some wild animals in that place. We were given an assignment to go to the tree away, to touch it and come back. Then we went down to a village. That village was full of domestic animals. We sat in a home and the owner of the place was good. We played our own composition on the flute and it was a very nice feeling. Then we went towards the heap of straw. We took some photos in the heap of straw. Then we went towards the place where we saw a small river. Near that river we saw a tree of squash. There were nice squash in that tree. The owner of that tree gifted us many nice squashes. Then we walked towards the hotel. We ate creamy bread and returned back to our school. While returning we heard a lot of stories in the van.   

No comments:

Post a Comment