Sunday, April 16, 2017

Making home for chicken

By Nitya Poudel


Today we made chicken’s home with the box. There were three boxes. First Pallav sir told us to make the home with the long one in the ground, the middle sized one in the middle and the little bit big one in the top. Then we started our work. First we took out all the nails from the wooden boxes so the chickens don’t get hurt. Abin, my friend took out all the nails using a hammer and I was told to collect it. We collected it because we could use it in the future. Then Pallav sir told me to check inside the box also because we were only taking out the nails outside the box and the main place where they get hurt is inside. I checked everything and Abin took out the nails. Then sir told me to take out all the straw from the box and put some news paper into it so the chicken don’t get cold and don’t fall sick. Through this process I came to know the scientific name of the chicken which is Gallus gallus domesticus. Then I took the news paper and tried my best to make the news paper layer in the box. After a long work I was able to do it. After that I put the tape and made it strong and still. After I and my friends (Utkrishta and Abin) made the news paper layer we carried it to the home of the chickens then it in the corner. I was told to carry one layer of the home and Abin placed it layer by layer. Then the box was very shaky so Abin tied a wire to it and then it was stable. I was very funny to see how the chickens climbed the box. One male chicken was climbing it but the female chicken came and kicked it out of it and climbed herself. I could not stop my laugh when I saw that sight. We made the home so the chickens are comfortable and lay many eggs. The ducks are laying eggs but the chickens are not. I think that even if the hen laid eggs the other chickens eat it. Yesterday a white chicken went into a sack and laid many eggs and we understood that they need a private place to lay eggs and so we made the home for chickens. As if the chicken laid eggs, it will not be visible to others because the straw will cover it. This way it would be safe and we could be able to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment