Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Back at Spiny Babbler

By Nirbhaya Shrestha and Sapuja Shrestha

Nirbhaya Shrestha: Spiny Babbler means exciting, very exciting. As far as I can remember, Pallav sir had a very good sense of humor, and he still does. When I came back to Spiny Babbler, the memories were overwhelming. Although the location had changed, the trampoline was there. I remember the overnight stays from last time and was overjoyed when sir said we would be having them again. Spiny Babbler still has that interesting and creative way of teaching which makes sure that we don’t get bored. I remember painting on the canvas for the first time using an easel and professional artist acrylic paint. When I came to Spiny Babbler for the first time last year, Pallav sir’s daughter Vidheha was very small. Now she can talk and walk and sing. I was very happy to see her and spend time at Spiny Babbler again.


Sapuja Shrestha: Woohoo! I am coming back to Spiny Babbler.  I am feeling very excited. Last time I was here I typed, made artwork and did lots of other fun things. I used to come here in the afternoon and was shocked when I learned that Spiny Babbler had shifted, but I realized this must be because of the earthquake. Soon we were here. I felt very nervous and weird while entering the office. I remembered the fun but also felt nervous! My mom had bought my childhood books to donate to Spiny Babbler so other children could also enjoy them as I had done. Then a big guy arrived, it was Pallav sir! My mom and Pallav sir chatted. I heard Pallav sir telling my mom that tomorrow we were playing Holi. When I heard that I was on cloud 9. I felt a lot more relaxed, this was more like the Spiny Babbler I knew. A fun galore awaited.

No comments:

Post a Comment