Monday, January 16, 2017

Playing with water and making a bridge


On 9 January 2017, Monday we went on really relaxed hike. We started our hike from an unheard place called Kikikhel. From the beginning of the hike we followed the trail of a small river which is called Nakhu khola. We got to a dead end we had no choice but to cross the river. We didn’t want to get wet so we made a plan to create a bridge. 

First, my friend Abin jumped and landed safely on the rock that was in the middle of the river. I stood at the shore and helped Abin to get the rocks for the bridge. After some time my sister, Susmita and I also went into the river to place rocks. As we were wearing slippers and the water was not so very deep, we walked in the river easily. I kept walking from one side to another in the process to get rocks. My other friends like Utkrishta and Nitya came in the water. We had planned that half of us would make the bridge on the left side and the other half would make the bridge on the right. Abin carried big rocks and placed them. All of us got wet, especially Utkrishta as he nearly fell in the water. We had blocked the water flow so the water was pushing the rocks away. After that we were told to put some distance between each rock to allow the water to flow. I really liked the part when my friends and I played with the water.

When we were fully done with the bridge Pallav sir tested the bridge by walking through it with support from me and Abin. When we got into the other side we knew that we had built a good bridge. Then everyone got to the other side one by one. After that we went in search of more adventure and fun.

by Kusma Gongba
edited by Nitya Poudel

No comments:

Post a Comment