Friday, January 13, 2017

Fitness and the Outdoors

01.    Exercising
by Pukar Gautam

I wake up at 6 o’clock every day. I exercise with Kusma, Sushmita, and Abin. I run, squat, push up, skip, and do crunches. I do 100 push ups, 500 squats, 500 crunches, 2500 skips, run 10 obstacle course laps. I exercise until eight o'clock. I will become strong because I exercise every day. I like exercising. Today, after exercising, I ate water melon and biscuits with tea.


02.    Swimming
by Kusma Gongba


Today is a Thursday. Hurray! We will go swimming. I am happy that I am learning to swim. By next summer, I am told, I should be able to swim perfectly. I am inside the pool. I am walking in the water. It’s fun to walk in water. I just heard Pallav sir and ma’am telling us to practice head dipping. Now, let me dip my head in the water. It is now time to float. I can almost float on my own! 
Next I have to practice my paddling kicks. I practiced crawl kicks in bed, maybe I will try that also. Nitya and Utkrista have already done well and work in the larger pool. Dharma sir is looking personally at their work and our development. I looked forward to crossing the small pool along with Abin but he has started working in the big Olympic pool already.

03.    Fourteen catches
by Abin Rai

We go hiking. We climbed up Champadevi. We go river hiking. We are not allowed to come out of the water. We go fishing. We catch many fishes. Some are big, we eat them. Some are small so we release them back into the water. One day we went fishing to Melamchi. While there, we helped conduct two workshops, one for smaller kids and one for teenagers. We helped farmers carry hay home from the fields. We were so happy to work like this for two hours. Nitya pulled in a big fish and so did Nanu. Then Nitya fell asleep. I also took a nap. It was hot. I heard Nitya say "Aaaaaa" and opened my eyes to see that he had fallen onto an overhanging branch. The branch broke and I ran to save Nitya from falling into the water. It was so funny. I caught 14 fishes during this trip. We then went on a river hike and met local fishermen with very interesting bamboo traps. I love the outdoors activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment